In a nutshell, automation makes our lives easier. This applies to industrial automation as well. Automation brings many benefits to the manufacturing process. Let’s take a look at how industrial automation is beneficial to manufacturing processes.
6 Reasons Why You Need To Invest in Industrial Automation
- Reduce Worker Fatigue and Effort or Labor Intensive Operation – Repetitive tasks are tedious. Manual labour redoing a certain task over and over again may cause fatigue and slow down operations. As opposed to manual labour, computer systems perform these boring tasks without complaint. If the task requires conditions not suited to human comfort or focus, it is time to consider automation.
2. Prevent Human Errors – Humans make mistakes when they are fatigued. This is part of a human condition. Mistakes will happen using tools, such as damaging raw materials, components, assemblies, and end products. Automation on the other hand, can completely hinder mistakes, made by humans.
3. Preventing Unsuitable/ Unfinished Products from Shipping – Computers controlling robots do not forget steps. Automated systems will not violate the instructions set. Moreover, automated systems may employ inspection capabilities. Ensure that your products are completely without faults before shipping.
4. Increase Efficiency – Improving processes for efficiency makes a company more competitive. Automated systems allow for improvements that benefit from consistent execution.
5. Improve Metrics – Automation of data collection improves accuracy and reduces costs. Sending reliable data directly to a database provides an ongoing resource. Such increased accuracy enables the company to make better decisions.
6. Save Money – Although the initial investment in industrial automation systems might be rather high, implementing this technology will translate into a reduction of costs in the long run. Automation is able to save on labor costs as well as greatly reduce cost of risk.